The Environmental Nature Center’s hands-on education programs serve over 28,000 Southern California students annually, inspiring all generations to protect the natural world. We provide equitable access and inspire all to protect the natural world by serving as our community’s leader in ecological responsibility, sustainable practices and environmental education.
- The ENC’s Traveling Naturalists visit nearly 10,500 students in their schools each year with live animals, science experiments and hands-on activities that support traditional classroom learning.
- Over 13,500 students each year get out of their classrooms and into the natural world in our five acre Nature Center featuring a variety of ecosystems including a desert, oak woodland, marsh, and redwood forest.
- Life-changing Nature Camps and Enrichment programs provide quality science education in an outdoor, hands-on setting. Our campers learn while having a great time and creating a life-long connection to nature.
- Hundreds of volunteers gave thousands of hours of their time each year. They play an enormous part in making the ENC successful while developing new skills and learning how to protect the environment.
- We purchased the adjacent 1.3-acre property at 745 Dover Drive. Our vision is to expand our natural habitat, develop a nature play area, and construct our community’s first nature based preschool.
The Environmental Nature Center is able to do these things through generous donations from individuals, foundations and corporations. We hope you will consider joining hundreds of others in our community in supporting our important work.
Please make a tax deductible gift today to help us continue providing quality education through hands-on experience with nature. We are grateful for your gift, and genuinely appreciate every dollar we receive.
Very truly yours,
Bo Glover Executive Director Environmental Nature Center