WHY A NATURE PRESCHOOL IS IMPORTANT
Nature preschools housed in environmental education centers present one way to offer positive nature experiences to young children.
They provide young children with important opportunities to become familiar with the natural world by playing – and learning – while surrounded by and exploring nature.
Nature Preschools provide a safe, stimulating environment where children can reach their full potential physically, emotionally, socially and academically.
STATISTICS SHOW THAT:
- Outdoor play increases fitness and builds active, healthy bodies.
- Outdoor environments are important to children’s development of independence and autonomy.
- Children who spend time in nature have better language skills and more self-discipline.
- Spending time in the open air and learning outside increases students’ ability to think both critically and creatively.
- Outdoor education connects students with nature and the world around them.
- Unfacilitated outdoor activities are a crucial form of learning for children.
- Children who spend time in nature develop practices of stewardship, sustainability and respect for the natural world.
- Nature Preschools build a foundation for academic progress on par with traditional preschools, while also instilling a lifelong environmental ethic,