The ENC features 15 native California ecosystems, a Nature Museum packed with neat things to touch and investigate, a butterfly habitat (seasonal), School Programs during the academic year, Nature Camp in the Summer, and a quiet place to sit and enjoy Life on your lunch hour.
The Nature Center is currently closed to the public, but open for those registered for scheduled programs. Check our events calendar!
Beginning in June 2021 the ENC will be open to visitors on Saturdays and Sundays between 10AM and 3PM, remaining closed to the public during the week while we teach scheduled programs.
Environmental Nature Center
1601 E. Sixteenth Street
Newport Beach, CA 92663
The ENC is host to large groups of students on a daily basis. While we ARE open to the public while these educational programs are in progress, we do appreciate your letting us know if you intend to bring 10 or more people to the Center. Parking is very limited and programs occupy many of the teaching areas within the Center. During your visit please be considerate of others, and avoid excessive noise.
Please abide by the following rules:
- Please review our Zero Waste Policy at https://encenter.org/zero-waste-policy prior to visiting the Center.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, and remain within sight of the adult at all times.
- Stay on the trails. Sometimes small plants and animals are hard to see.
- Leave your pets at home. Pets frighten wildlife and don’t clean up their own mess.
- Please do not throw sticks and leaves into the stream. It flows better without them.
- Avoid excessive noise. Be considerate of others. You will see and hear more if you are quiet.
- Pick up trash and dispose of your own trash appropriately to keep the Center beautiful and help animals remain healthy. Never feed a wild animal.
- Leave nature as you find it. Please do not touch any animals, collect rocks, or any part of any plant. If everyone took a piece of nature, then there would be nothing left. Take a photograph!
After your visit, please take our brief survey.