Registration for Summer Nature Camp 2022 opened on March 1st at 1pm. HERE is where you can register or sign up for the wait list.
Please note: All camp logistics (i.e. group size, drop-off/pick-up protocols, etc.), are subject to change based on changes to regulations regarding COVID-19.
Current Summer Camp Mask Policy (updated 3/18/22):
Thank you for your patience as we navigate the world of constantly changing COVID policies. Since the mask mandate has been lifted for both the state of California and for schools in California, we will no longer be requiring indoor masking at the ENC.
· ENC camps remain outdoors for almost 100% of the day.
· The ENC is supportive of any child who wishes to wear a mask at camp.
· If you require that your child wear a mask during the camp day, please contact the Camp Director about this.
The ENC has offered Nature Camps since 1977! Nature Camp provides nature play and quality science education in an outdoor, hands-on setting. ENC Nature Camp emphasizes experiential learning. Campers spend their time outside, having a great time observing nature up close using tools like binoculars, magnifying lenses and microscopes. Science concepts are introduced in a fun environment, with crafts, games and hands-on activities.
Summer Nature Camp provides a fun learning experience while also giving campers the opportunity to get outside for fresh air, physical activity, and a chance to hang out socially with their peers. Campers will spend time at the ENC with friends and mentors for hands-on education, creative enrichment and expression, a chance to explore without stress. All ENC campers must be fully potty trained.
Little Naturalist Camp is offered for kids age 4.
Little Naturalist fee: $350
Register HERE starting March 1
Nature Adventure Camp is offered for kids age 5-8.
Nature Adventure Fee: $300
Register HERE starting March 1
Science Explorer Camp is offered for kids age 9-13.
Science Explorer Fee: $315
Register HERE starting March 1
ENC members can use their discount code to receive a 10% discount. Contact us if you do not know the code.
What are the Session Dates & Themes?
Session 1: June 20 – 24 – Nature Detectives
Session 2: June 27 – July 1 – Water Wonders
Session 3: July 5 – 8 – California Adventures
Session 4: July 11 – 15 – Amazing Animals
Session 5: July 18 – 22 – Planet Protectors
Session 6: July 25 – 29 – Nature Creativity
Session 7: August 1 – 5 – Plant Power
Session 8: August 8 -12 – When I Grow Up…
Click HERE for a description of the Camp Themes!
What time is Camp?
Camp is 4 hours, but we do have a after-camp program that runs an additional 2 hours.
You may select 9:00 or 9:30 as your preferred drop-off time. We will most likely be able to place your child(ren) at the time you prefer, but we will take your friend requests into account as well.
Your child’s schedule will like this:
9:00-1:00 (option to extend to 3 – extra fee of $175)
9:30-1:30 (option to extend to 3:30 – extra fee of $175)
What about COVID?
The ENC will adhere to health and safety standards based on the most up-to-date and scientific information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the OC Health Care Agency. Read about our camp logistics HERE prior to registering.
If you like, you can read the Camp Orientation with lots of great info that Campers hear on their first day of Nature Camp.
Questions? Call 949-645-8489 ext. 102
Here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
How many campers are in each group? Enrollment in Little Naturalist Camp is limited to small classes of up to 8 campers per teacher with a high school assistant. Enrollment in Nature Adventure and Science Explorers Camp is limited to small classes of up to 10 campers per teacher with a high school assistant.
My children are a few years apart, can they be in the same group? Our Campers are divided into groups by grade level. Curricula and activities are designed for these different age groups, which are developmentally distinct from each other.
What is the registration deadline? Registration closes at noon on the Friday before each camp, but frequently camps fill long before that. An additional fee ($60 per camper) applies for late registration (less than 96 hours before the first day of a camp session). Please realize that Camp Staff does not work between 5PM on Friday and 8AM on Monday, so contacting us about late registration over the weekend may not guarantee a spot in camp for your child.
Who are the Camp Teachers? Our Nature Camp Teachers are Naturalists who teach here throughout the school year. All of our educators are exceptionally qualified in elementary science education and represent a wide range of expertise in the Orange County educational community. See our staff bios HERE.
What will the kids be doing? Campers explore the Center, interact with our Animal Ambassadors, play educational nature themed games, create nature themed arts and crafts, do science experiments and so much more. Each week has different activities, so feel free to sign up for more than one session!
If you do not see your questions answered on this page, feel free to call us at 949-645-8489 or email the Camp Director!
ENC Nature Camp Scholarships
The ENC provides a limited number of partial (1/2 the camp fee) scholarships each year. Limit one per family. Sessions will be determined based on availability. ENC Nature Camp Scholarship Instructions:
1. Complete scholarship application, HERE, on or after March 1.
2. Complete the online Nature Camp application at https://encenter.campbrainregistration.com/ up through the point of paying. Do not pay. Once you get to that point, email Mindy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let her know you’ve completed this step.
3. Email or mail a letter of recommendation from your child’s current teacher. Be sure that the letter is signed with the teacher’s name, title and phone number. Mailing address: Environmental Nature Center, Attn: Camp Director, 1601 E. 16th Street, Newport Beach, CA 92663
4. A thank you letter from your child written to the scholarship provider, within one week of the completion of the session.
Deadline: Scholarship applications must be submitted by May 31, 2022 by 8AM. Scholarship recipients will be notified on June 3rd, 2022 by 5PM.
- Refund requests made 2 weeks or more prior to the start date of camp are subject to $50.00 fee per session of camp.
- Less than 2 weeks notice, no refund requests will be processed.
- Absent Campers: There are no refunds, make up days or credits for days missed for any reason (including sickness/illness). The ENC depends on income from camps for the continued operations of the Center.
- All session changes will incur a $25.00 fee.