Leaders in Training
“Leaders in Training” are amazing high school students that help with Nature Camps during school breaks. This is a perfect opportunity for volunteers who enjoy working with children, and it provides an excellent experience to include on a resume or college application. Although it is a volunteer position, applicants must interview to be eligible. Students, not parents, are responsible for communicating with ENC staff regarding the Leaders in Training opportunity.
All Winter Camp (December 21 – December 31, 2020) LIT positions are currently filled.
Now recruiting for 2021 After School Nature Camp, President’s Week Camp, and Spring Break Camp.
ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before each Camp that they volunteer for.
Once we receive your application and reference form we will contact you to schedule an interview. Experienced L.I.T.’s, that have volunteered as LITs at the ENC in the past, need not submit a reference form or interview.
- Students must be enrolled in High School (Summer L.I.T.’s can be entering high school in the Fall).
- The Leader in Training Application and Reference Form must be submitted before we call you to schedule your interview. Just send the reference form link to an adults who is not a parent, so they can complete it online.
- You must have been interviewed by a Camp Director before volunteering.
- ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before volunteering.
- Please bring school paperwork that we need to fill out on your last day of volunteering.
When is the deadline to submit my application? Positions are open until filled. Once we receive your application and reference form we need time to review it before contacting you to schedule an in person interview. All of this must occur before training.
Want to learn more about bring an LIT? Watch this video!
After School Nature Camp Sessions:
Session 1 – week of 1/18; week of 1/25
Session 2 – week of 2/1; week of 2/8
Session 3 – week of 2/22; week of 3/1
Session 4 – week of 3/8; week of 3/15
Session 5 – week of 3/22; week of 3/29
Session 6 – week of 4/19; week of 4/26
Session 7 – week 5/3; week of 5/10
Session 8 – week of 5/17; week of 5/24
President’s Week Camp:
Spring Break Camp: