Leaders in Training
“Leaders in Training” are amazing high school students that help with Nature Camps during school breaks. This is a perfect opportunity for volunteers who enjoy working with children, and it provides an excellent experience to include on a resume or college application. Although it is a volunteer position, applicants must interview with to be eligible. Students, not parents, are responsible for communicating with ENC staff regarding the Leaders in Training opportunity.
2019 Nature Camps are June 24 – August 15. A two week (8 day) commitment is required. Weeks do not need to be consecutive.
Mandatory Training is June 12, 3:15pm-5:45pm. If you are not available for training, please do not apply to be a Leader in Training for 2019.
*Additional training time is required for Little Naturalist and Science Explorers Camp.
ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before each Camp that they volunteer for. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once we receive your application and reference form we will contact you to schedule an interview. Experienced L.I.T.’s, that have volunteered as LITs at the ENC in the past, need not submit a reference form or interview.
- Students must be enrolled in High School (Summer L.I.T.’s can be entering high school in the Fall).
- The Leader in Training Application and Reference Form (last two pages of the application) must be submitted before we call you to schedule your interview.
- You must have been interviewed by a Camp Director before volunteering.
- ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before volunteering.
- Please bring school paperwork that we need to fill out on your last day of volunteering.
- When is the deadline to submit my application? Positions are open until filled. Once we receive your application and reference form we need time to review it before contacting you to schedule an in person interview. All of this must occur before training.
- Where do I send my application? You can scan and email it to us, or send it in the mail.