The ENC’s Nature Preschool will:
- Have play areas but no playgrounds.
- Recognize that unfacilitated outdoor experiences are a crucial form of learning for children.
- Have qualified early childhood educators and environmental educators.
- Teach all the basics of a typical preschool and more.
- Have children who spend the majority of the day outdoors.
- Have indoor spaces that are warm, welcoming and conducive to learning.
- Meet all the state requirements for licensure.
- Be an integrated part of the Environmental Nature Center.
- Be multi-sensory and recognize multiple intelligences.
HERE is a great article about nature based early childhood education.