- January 5, 2021
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Field Trips for Pods
We are now pre-scheduling field trips from our regular repertoire of school programs, and your homeschool pod can reserve a time to experience it! All of our environmental education programs are aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards or with California’s Social Studies Standards.
Tongva Trail: Students travel back in time to learn about the tools, trade, and customs of the Tongva (Gabrielino) and Acjachemen (Juaneño) people of Orange County. Along the trail students see, touch, and smell the plants used centuries ago by Native Americans. They make string out of plants, use “rabbit sticks” to “hunt,” perform music using authentic Tongva instruments, make “money” using pump drills, and play authentic Native American games. (Standards: 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.4)
- Each teaching group is limited to 10 students and 2 adults.
- Please have one adult sign up the entire pod for each program.
- Siblings are welcome to attend but they will be counted in the headcount and we still cannot exceed 10 children per pod.
- We do not accept Charter School funds for these programs; payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Masks must be worn by all participants.
1/5 – Tongva Trail (3rd-4th) register below.
1/12 – Eco Observers (1st-3rd) register HERE.
1/19 – Creature Features (K-2nd) register HERE.
1/26 – Nature Changes (PreK/TK/Kinder) register HERE.