- January 26, 2021
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Field Trips for Pods
We are now pre-scheduling field trips from our regular repertoire of school programs, and your homeschool pod can reserve a time to experience it! All of our environmental education programs are aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards or with California’s Social Studies Standards.
Nature Changes: Everything in nature changes. As they hike through the Center, students learn about the life cycle of frogs and touch a real, live toad. Children learn that snakes shed their skin to grow, examine snakeskin with a magnifying lens, and get to meet a real, live snake! They learn that mammals have fur to keep them warm when it’s cold, and gently touch the fur of several local animals. Along the trail children enjoy story time under the dappled shade of oak trees.
- Each teaching group is limited to 10 students and 2 adults.
- Please have one adult sign up the entire pod for each program.
- Siblings are welcome to attend but they will be counted in the headcount and we still cannot exceed 10 children per pod.
- We do not accept Charter School funds for these programs; payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Masks must be worn by all participants.
1/5 – Tongva Trail (3rd-4th) register HERE.
1/12 – Eco Observers (1st-3rd) register HERE.
1/19 – Creature Features (K-2nd) register HERE.
1/26 – Nature Changes (PreK/TK/Kinder) register below.