- January 12, 2021
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Field Trips for Pods
We are now pre-scheduling field trips from our regular repertoire of school programs, and your homeschool pod can reserve a time to experience it! All of our environmental education programs are aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards or with California’s Social Studies Standards.
Eco-Observers: On a hike through the Center, students map out landmarks, as well as where water has changed the shape of the land. In a hands-on experiment students discover that some landforms are created quickly and others develop over a time too long for a human to observe. They play a fun game to discover that most plants depend on animals for pollination and to move seeds around. They discover the importance of biodiversity and learn that there are many different kinds of living things in an area, and they exist in different places. Standards: 2-LS2-2, LS2.A, 2-LS4-1, LS4.D, 2-ESS1-1, ESS1.C, 2-ESS2-1, ESS2.A, 2-ESS2-2, ESS2.B.
- Each teaching group is limited to 10 students and 2 adults.
- Please have one adult sign up the entire pod for each program.
- Siblings are welcome to attend but they will be counted in the headcount and we still cannot exceed 10 children per pod.
- We do not accept Charter School funds for these programs; payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Masks must be worn by all participants.
1/5 – Tongva Trail (3rd-4th) register HERE.
1/12 – Eco Observers (1st-3rd) register below.
1/19 – Creature Features (K-2nd) register HERE.
1/26 – Nature Changes (PreK/TK/Kinder) register HERE.