- January 19, 2021
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Field Trips for Pods
We are now pre-scheduling field trips from our regular repertoire of school programs, and your homeschool pod can reserve a time to experience it! All of our environmental education programs are aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards or with California’s Social Studies Standards.
Creature Features: On a hike through the Center, students participate in hands-on activities to learn how seeds are dispersed and grow into adult plants. Along the trail, they observe the skulls of various animals to determine adaptations of how an animal detects sound and how adaptations of animals influence human problem solving. Students dress up for an animal “fashion show” to learn that animals have external features that help them thrive in different kinds of places. They visit a toad to talk about how the young look different from adults and must go through metamorphosis. Standards: 1-LS1-1, LS1.A, LS1.D, 1-LS3-1, LS3.A, LS3.B.
- Each teaching group is limited to 10 students and 2 adults.
- Please have one adult sign up the entire pod for each program.
- Siblings are welcome to attend but they will be counted in the headcount and we still cannot exceed 10 children per pod.
- We do not accept Charter School funds for these programs; payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Masks must be worn by all participants.
1/5 – Tongva Trail (3rd-4th) register HERE.
1/12 – Eco Observers (1st-3rd) register HERE.
1/19 – Creature Features (K-2nd) register below.
1/26 – Nature Changes (PreK/TK/Kinder) register HERE.