Leaders in Training
We are NO LONGER accepting applications for Leaders in Training for Summer Nature Camp 2017. We will be accepting applications for Winter Camp LITs in Fall 2017.
“Leaders in Training” are amazing high school students that help with Nature Camps during school breaks. This is a perfect opportunity for volunteers who enjoy working with children, and it provides an excellent experience to include on a resume or college application. Although it is a volunteer position, applicants must interview with to be eligible. Students, not parents, are responsible for communicating with ENC staff regarding the Leaders in Training opportunity.
Mandatory Training is 6/24/17 from 1-4PM. If you are not available for training, please do not apply to be a Leader in Training.
Nature Camp Sessions. LT’s must commit to volunteering at least two four day long sessions of Summer Camp:
- Session 1: June 26 – 29, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
- Session 2: July 3, 5 – 7, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
- Session 3: July 10 – 13, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
- Session 4: July 17 – 20, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
- Session 5: July 24 – 27, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
- Session 6: July 31 – Aug. 3, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
- Session 7: Aug. 7 – 10, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
- Session 8: Aug. 14 – 17, 8:30AM – 3:15PM.
ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before each Camp that they volunteer for. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once we receive your application and reference form we will contact you to schedule an interview. Experienced L.I.T.’s, that have volunteered as JNs/LITs at the ENC in the past, need not submit a reference form or interview.
- Students must be enrolled in High School (Summer L.I.T.’s can be entering high school in the Fall).
- The Leader in Training Application and Reference Form (last two pages of the application) must be submitted before we call you to schedule your interview.
- You must have been interviewed by the Camp Director or Education Coordinator before volunteering.
- ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before volunteering.
- Please bring school paperwork that we need to fill out on your last day of volunteering.
- When is the deadline to submit my application? Positions are open until filled. Once we receive your application and reference form we need time to review it before contacting you to schedule an in person interview. All of this must occur before training. Mandatory LIT training is on Wednesday Dec. 21 from 2:30 – 5PM).
- Where do I send my application? You can scan and email it to us, or send it in the mail.