Thank you so much for scheduling your Traveling Naturalist program with us. We’re sure your students will find their upcoming experience educational and fun as well. The following checklist will help assure that the program runs smoothly. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Before the Program
Below are links to downloadable documents that you can use to prepare your students for their program. Please cover the vocabulary or pre-visit review for your corresponding program. If the students are already knowledgeable about the basic concepts, the program will have more meaning for them.
- Kindergarten Fur Real Study Guide
- Kindergarten Wonderful Wildlife Study Guide
- Gr. 1 Rad Reptiles Study Guide
- Gr. 1 Survive & Thrive Study Guide
- Gr. 2 Insect Investigators Study Guide
- Gr. 2 Wildlife Ways Study Guide
- Gr. 3 Amazing Adaptations Study Guide
- Gr. 3 I’ll Trade You Study Guide
- Gr. 3 Leading Legends Study Guide
- Gr. 3 Naturally Native Study Guide
- Gr. 4 Food Chain Fun Study Guide
- Gr. 4 Unearthing Geology Study Guide
- Gr. 5 Magic or Molecules Study Guide
- Gr. 5 Planet Power Study Guide
- Gr. 5 Water Detectives Study Guide
- Gr. 6 Habitat Helpers Study Guide
- Gr. 6 The Shopping Cycle Study Guide
- Gr. 8 Physics Phun Study Guide
- All Grades Amazing Adaptations Study Guide
- All Grades Raptorology 101
- All Grades Marvelous Mammals Study Guide
Payment is due on or before your visit, unless arrangements have been made with our Community Outreach Coordinator prior to your program.
Click here for information on granting organizations and fundraisers to help you raise money for Traveling Naturalist programs.
Please use the pre-test/post-test developed for your program to gauge your students’ academic growth as a result of their visit to the ENC. Please return the results of the post-test to us in an email with your class’ average score to Sama Wareh. We’d LOVE to know how we did!
Pre- and Post-Tests
- PreK ButterflyJourney post test
- Kindergarten Fur Real post test
- Kindergarten Wonderful Wildlife post test
- Gr. 1 Rad Reptiles post test
- Gr. 1 Survive and Thrive post test
- Gr. 2 Insect post test
- Gr. 2 Wildlife Ways post testGr. 3 Amazing Adaptations post test
- Gr. 3 I’ll Trade You post test
- Gr. 3 Leading Legends post test
- Gr. 3 Naturally Native post test
- Gr. 4 Food Chain Fun post test
- Gr. 4 Unearthing Geology post test
- Gr. 5 Magic or Molecules post test
- Gr. 5 Water Detectives post test
- Gr. 8 Physics Phun post test
- All Grades Amazing Arthropods post test
- All Grades Amazing Adaptations post test
- All Grades Marvelous Mammals post test
After the Program
Student Post-Tests (see above)
Please click to complete the online teacher survey.
If cancellations occur at least two weeks before the program, no fees apply. If cancellations occur within two weeks before the date of the program, the minimum fee for the scheduled program will be charged.